Oscar Iso-Mount acoustic hangers
DIY • Builder • Local Oscar installer
The ultimate acoustic hanger system that exceeds Building Regs Part E & achieved up to a 90 minute fire rating
Our Oscar Iso-Mount range are space saving acoustic hangers used for soundproofing ceilings. These acoustic hangers achieve 4 objectives fundamental to the success of soundproof ceilings in domestic situations:
- The acoustic hanger installation is rigid yet isolated: sometimes referred to as a ‘floating soundproof ceiling’
- As little as 6mm (less than 1/4inch)* of ceiling height is lost.
- The work can all be carried out from the room below the ceiling ensuring you keep costs to a minimum.
- Independent acoustic testing shows the Iso-mounts exceeding the requirements of British Building Regs 'Approved Document E' for airborne and impact sound.
Oscar Iso-Mount acoustic hanger range
- Iso-Mount Type1 acoustic hangers are designed to screw fix to the side of the timber joists which allowed the absolute minimum of ceiling height loss: just a few millimetres (1/4 inch) to allow the Gypsum ceiling boards not to be in direct contact with the joists.
- Iso-Mount Type2 acoustic hangers fix direct to concrete or steel soffits or existing ceilings with 50mm (2 inch) of insulation and 62.5mm (2 ½ inch) ceiling height loss with 1 layer of 12.5mm (1/2 inch) gyproc board.
- Iso-Mount Type 3 acoustic hangers fix direct to concrete or steel soffits or existing ceilings with 100mm (4 inch) of insulation and 150mm (6 inch) of ceiling height loss with 2 layers of 12.5mm (1/2 inch) gypsum board. Coming to our online shop soon. Contact our office for details.
What people say about Oscar Iso-Mount acoustic hanger installations
“The whole transaction has been simple and easy. I fitted the ceiling this weekend and it’s made an instant difference. So much so, that I had to ask the owner of the flat above if he had been using the room above. I will recommend the product to my friends and will use it on other ceilings in my flat. Keep up the good work!”
Home DIY installer
"Ceiling is complete...
I've tested it by powering up a loud DeWalt router in the garage and seeing how loud it is in the room above.
WOW. Can hardly hear it...It really was much quieter than I thought it would be. I can finally use the workshop in the evening when the kids are asleep in the room above. I'll admit not having done it before I was unsure if it would deaden the noise enough for power tools...but I am blown away by how well it works.
Thanks again for your help - much appreciated."
Home DIY installer
Purchase Oscar Iso-Mount acoustic hangers online
Delivery available throughout the UK. For outside the UK please contact us for details.
- Oscar Iso-Mount acoustic hangers
- Oscar Foam Roll - acoustic edge foam
- Oscar Seal - acoustic sealant
- Celbar - acoustic insulation for larger areas of 100m2 plus
*The Oscar Iso-Mount soundproof ceiling range uses a widely available standard clip-on steel channel. Oscar Acoustics do not stock steel channel so you can save money by purchasing required amount directly from manufacturers. We found it online for as little as £0.88 per metre!
Other components are purchased from your local stockist.
The systems can be installed by a competent DIY person, builders and in many areas we can recommend installers.
Important safety information
|Celbar and mineral wool are also excellent thermal insulators. Bring this to the attention of your qualified electrician who may have to allow for heavier cables and ventilation gaps around down lighters.|
|Consult the manufacturers of the plaster board for fixtures to be fixed directly to the plasterboard. Use fastenings as recommended by the plasterboard manufacturer.|
|IMPORTANT:||Only competent persons fully conversant with the use of personal protective equipment should carry out the work.|