Acoustic hanger range that exceeds Building Regs Part E & achieved over 90 minute fire rating
When noise from above is a problem, the Iso-Mount acoustic hanger range offers professional-grade noise insulation between floors. Ideal for any space from residential to commercial, new build to refurbishment, the British made acoustic hanger system works by creating an isolated ceiling that significantly reduces vibrations and sound pressure waves caused by noise in the rooms above.
The Iso-Mount range is designed to achieve outstanding acoustic performance with quick and simple installation. Iso-Mount acoustic hangers are a proven, easy to use and affordable soundproof ceiling solution that brings serenity to any space, from houses and flats to offices, shops and restaurants.
Ceiling soundproofing for DIY • Builder • Local Oscar installer
Iso-Mount acoustic hanger advantages
Iso-Mount acoustic hanger advantages:
- Class leading acoustic performance.
- Achieves (better than), compliance with British building regs Document E for airborne & impact sound.
- Achieves a fire rating of up to 90 minutes where required.
- Installed entirely from the room below with no disruption to the room above.
- Uses widely available standard clip-on steel channels.
- Height adjustable, allowing for flat ceilings across uneven joists.
- Appears no different to a standard plastered ceiling once complete.
- Fast and simple clip together soundproof ceiling installation.
Iso-Mount acoustic hanger range
At the heart of the range are the patented Iso-Mount Type1, Type2 and Type3 acoustic hangers, designed to tackle the problem of noise transfer with no impact on design appearance. Once work is finished, the Iso-Mount acoustic hanger systems appear no different to a standard plastered ceiling. The Iso-Mount range is height adjustable, allowing for flat ceilings across uneven joints, and Type1 loses as little as 6mm of ceiling height. Its cost-effective and hassle-free, as its installed entirely from the room below and uses standard clip-on steel channels.
- Iso-Mount Type1 acoustic hangers are designed to screw fix to the side of the timber joists which allowed the absolute minimum of ceiling height loss: just a few millimetres (1/4 inch) to allow the Gypsum ceiling boards not to be in direct contact with the joists.
- Iso-Mount Type2 acoustic hangers fix direct to concrete or steel soffits or existing ceilings with 50mm (2 inch) of insulation and 62.5mm (2 ½ inch) ceiling height loss with 1 layer of 12.5mm (1/2 inch) gyproc board.
- Iso-Mount Type 3 acoustic hangers fix direct to concrete or steel soffits or existing ceilings with 100mm (4 inch) of insulation and 150mm (6 inch) of ceiling height loss with 2 layers of 12.5mm (1/2 inch) gypsum board. Coming to our online shop soon. Contact our office for details.
Acoustic hanger testimonials
"I did not fully appreciate at the time, but the use of Iso-Mount with industry standard metal channel was a huge bonus and cost saver. Also, we did not appreciate how much time and money we saved using the adjustable Iso-Mounts to level the uneven joists. Now installed the ceiling is superb and flat as a pancake. In terms of acoustic isolation the system is superb and overall I couldn’t be more pleased with the end result. The Iso-Mount system is a brilliant way to isolate between floors. I recommend it very highly."
“The whole transaction has been simple and easy. I fitted the ceiling this weekend and it’s made an instant difference. So much so, that I had to ask the owner of the flat above if he had been using the room above. I will recommend the product to my friends and will use it on other ceilings in my flat. Keep up the good work!”
Home DIY installer
"Ceiling is complete...
I've tested it by powering up a loud DeWalt router in the garage and seeing how loud it is in the room above.
WOW. Can hardly hear it...It really was much quieter than I thought it would be. I can finally use the workshop in the evening when the kids are asleep in the room above. I'll admit not having done it before I was unsure if it would deaden the noise enough for power tools...but I am blown away by how well it works.
Thanks again for your help - much appreciated."
Home DIY installer
Purchase acoustic hangers
Delivery available throughout the UK. For outside the UK please contact us for details.
- Iso-Mount acoustic hangers Type1, Type2 & Type3.
- Oscar Foam Roll - acoustic edge foam.
- Oscar Seal - acoustic sealant.
- Celbar - acoustic insulation for larger areas of 100m2 plus.
*The Iso-Mount acoustic hanger range uses a widely available standard clip-on steel channel. Oscar Acoustics do not stock steel channel so you can save money by purchasing required amount directly from manufacturers. We found it online for as little as £0.88 per metre!
Other components are purchased from your local stockist.
The acoustic hanger systems can be installed by a competent DIY person, builders and in many areas we can recommend installers.
Important acoustic hanger safety information
|Celbar and mineral wool are also excellent thermal insulators. Bring this to the attention of your qualified electrician who may have to allow for heavier cables and ventilation gaps around down lighters.|
|Consult the manufacturers of the plaster board for fixtures to be fixed directly to the plasterboard. Use fastenings as recommended by the plasterboard manufacturer.|
|IMPORTANT:||Only competent persons fully conversant with the use of personal protective equipment should carry out the work.|