“The difference is incredible! SonaPanels help our £5,000 speakers reach their full potential. We love the design & acoustic performance!”
A visually beautiful room may not be a pleasurable place to spend time due to poor building acoustics.
Hard, flat surfaces such as tiled or timber floors, plastered or block walls reflect sound and amplify noise levels within a space, resulting in poor acoustics and sound quality. When the space is used for teaching, poor acoustics can cause unnecessary stress and in extreme cases, hearing problems like tinnitus for teachers and children. The problem is easily solvable with acoustic panels.
Whether for sports halls, school class rooms, conference rooms, reception areas or even home cinema applications, we can offer a range of acoustic panels with fabrics and colours to suit.
SonaPanel acoustic panels are easy to install. They are available as supply only or supplied and fitted by our experienced in house installers. These acoustic panels complement our acoustic decorative spray-on finishes.
With advanced acoustic products such as the below which are all available from Oscar Acoustics, there is no need to suffer this discomfort anymore:
- Oscar Evo-Panels - currently unavailable. Please contact us our office for alternatives.
- SonaPanel acoustic panels.
- Acoustic spray coatings such as SonaSpray.
- Acoustic masonry blocks.
Acoustic panel technology for sports halls
Now there is a new type of acoustic panel; an acoustic panel that solves a problem that has haunted main contractors and consultants to date. The Oscar Evo-Panel is the first acoustic panel designed specifically for use at low level in high impact areas such as sports halls where other acoustic panels would perish.
Why is this important to have absorption at low level?
In tall large spaces such as sports halls, acoustic treatment is normally placed around the top half of the room either on walls or soffits out of harms way from people and balls. This means that, sound is free to flutter from wall to wall at head level.
If absorption is only in the top half of the room, the acoustics will be great a few steps up a ladder, but will be drastically altered as you near ground level. It is this effect that often causes sports halls to fail testing despite the calculated area of absorption be applied to the space.
The Oscar Evo-Panel acoustic panel has the following benefits:
- Solves the issue of sports hall acoustics
- Improves clarity of speech
- Reduces overall noise levels within the room
- Class A sound absorber
- 35% less acoustic panels required compared to conventional high level acoustic panels saving time & money.
- Acoustic panel treatment at low level where most needed
- Impact resistant acoustic panel design
- Kinder on impact than a wall with soft cushioned filling
- Stylish in a range of customisable colours
- Each acoustic panel can be removed & replaced within 20 seconds
- Class 0 to BS476 Part 6 fire rated
For more information regarding acoustic panels or our acoustic spray range you can call us direct on 01474 854902 or fill in our contact us form and a member of our friendly team will get back to you as soon as possible.
Acoustic panel DATA
SonaPanel acoustic panel installations can be tailored to meet your specific acoustic needs.
Standard size is 2700mm x 1200mm. Custom sizes are available on request.
SonaPanel acoustic panels are available in 3 different types:
Type A acoustic panel - tee joint acoustic panel system
Type B acoustic panel - butt joint acoustic panel system
Type C acoustic panel - shadow joint acoustic panel system
Acoustic panel fire rating
- Recycled glasswool board is fire rated as Class 0 to BS476: Part 6.
- Standard fabric facings comply with Class 1 to BS476: Part 7.
- Class 0 fire rated fabric finishes are also available on request.
- Upvc trims are fire rated as BS476 Part 7. Like normal Upvc, the trims have a maximum softening limit of 60°C.
Acoustic panel maintenance
SonaPanel acoustic panels are extremely easy to maintain. Vacuum lightly with a brush attachment if and when necessary.
Acoustic panel performance
The acoustic panel's recycled glasswool board provides an excellent heat and cold insulator. This adds to the energy saving measure in a building as well as reducing the noise levels. The panels have a thermal conductivity of k = 0.0377 w/m°k.
The acoustic panels weigh approximately 3kg/m².
Upvc trims weigh approx. 1kg/length.
Acoustic panel colour choice:
Please choose from the 80 standard acoustic panel colours below: