We applied 16mm of SonaSpray K-13 in mid grey directly onto the concrete slab throughout this stylish Manhattan style loft space for Herbal House, London achieving optimal office acoustics throughout.
Soundproof ceiling system exceeds Building Regs Part E & achieved over 90 minute fire rating
Space saving acoustic hangers for soundproof ceilings
Sound passes through ceilings and floors as vibrations and sound pressure waves generated by footsteps, music or voices in an upper flat. These penetrate and travel through floorboards, joists and ceilings in the form of vibration and noise. By creating an isolated, floating ceiling using our Iso-Mount acoustic hangers you will stop the vibration that causes the transfer of unwanted noise from floor to floor.
Iso-Mount acoustic hangers are designed to achieve outstanding acoustic performance with fast and easy installation. The Iso-Mount is a proven, easy to use and affordable soundproof ceiling solution that brings serenity to any space, from houses and flats to offices, shops and restaurants.
Watch Iso-Mount Type1 acoustic hanger installation video
Competent DIY person • Builder • Local Oscar installer
Iso-Mount Type1 acoustic hanger benefits
- The minimum of ceiling height is lost: as little as 6mm.
- Class leading acoustic performance achieving (better than), compliance with British building regs Approved Document E for airborne & impact sound.
- Height adjustable, allowing for flat ceilings across uneven joists.
- All work is done from room below; no work is required to the floor above
- Uses a widely available standard clip-on steel channel. Saves you money when you purchase steel channel direct from manufacturers for as little as £0.88 per metre.
- Easier and quicker than installing products on the floor of the room above.
- Appears no different to a standard plastered ceiling once completed.
- Fast and simple clip together installation.
Soundproof ceiling testimonials
"I did not fully appreciate at the time, but the use of Iso-Mount with industry standard metal channel was a huge bonus and cost saver. Also, we did not appreciate how much time and money we saved using the adjustable Iso-Mounts to level the uneven joists. Now installed the ceiling is superb and flat as a pancake. In terms of acoustic isolation the system is superb and overall I couldn’t be more pleased with the end result. The Iso-Mount system is a brilliant way to isolate between floors. I recommend it very highly."
"Ceiling is complete...
I've tested it by powering up a loud DeWalt router in the garage and seeing how loud it is in the room above.
WOW. Can hardly hear it...It really was much quieter than I thought it would be. I can finally use the workshop in the evening when the kids are asleep in the room above. I'll admit not having done it before I was unsure if it would deaden the noise enough for power tools...but I am blown away by how well it works.
Thanks again for your help - much appreciated."
Home DIY installer
"Once again thank you for your prompt response with processing our order for the additional Iso-Mounts. The owners took us by surprise when they asked for the additional area to be done, but they have been so impressed with the results of all the acoustic ceilings that they felt they just had to have it done."
D&M Murphy Plastering Contractors
“The whole transaction has been simple and easy. I fitted the ceiling this weekend and it’s made an instant difference. So much so, that I had to ask the owner of the flat above if he had been using the room above. I will recommend the product to my friends and will use it on other ceilings in my flat. Keep up the good work!”
Home DIY installer
Buy Iso-Mount online
Delivery available throughout the UK. For outside the UK please contact us for details.
*The Iso-Mount soundproof ceiling range uses a widely available standard clip-on steel channel. Oscar Acoustics do not stock steel channel so you can save money by purchasing required amount directly from manufacturers. We found it online for as little as £0.88 per metre!
Other components are purchased from your local stockist.
The systems can be installed by a competent DIY person, builders and in many areas we can recommend installers.
The Iso-Mount Type1 achieved over 90 minute rating for fire resistance when using two layers of 15mm fireline plasterboard.
Acoustic testing results
Independent acoustic testing by MRL Acoustics Ltd (acoustic consultants).
Maximum loading of an Iso-Mount is 13.5kg. Spaced evenly at 4 Iso-Mounts per square metre the maximum loading per square metre is 54kg.
Typical loading calculation for 220mm (8.66 inches), deep joists:
|2x layers of 12mm plasterboard at 10kg each||20|
|220mm Celbar void fill at 40kg/cu.mtr||9|
|Metal ‘C’ stud at||1.2|
|4x Iso-Mounts at 37 grams each||0.0148|
Plus: The weight of downlighters, smoke sensors, grills etc. that are to be fixed in the plasterboard. Consult the manufacturers of the plasterboard for fixtures to be fixed directly to the plasterboard. Use fastenings as recommended by the manufacturer.
Note: Celbar is an excellent thermal insulator. Bring this to the attention of your qualified electrician who may have to allow for heavier duty cables and top hat downlight covers. Covers are to be fitted in place following the Celbar installation.
Iso-Mount floating ceiling components
Important safety information
- Only competent persons fully conversant with the use of personal protective equipment should carry out the floating ceiling installation.
- Consult the manufacturers of the plaster board for fixtures to be fixed directly to the plasterboard. Use fastenings as recommended by the plasterboard manufacturer.
- Celbar loose fill void insulation (as recommended), is also an excellent thermal insulator. Bring this to the attention of your qualified electrician who may have to allow for heavier cables.