Recruiting for an Estimator / Surveyor
Oscar Acoustics have so far welcomed 17 new staff members this year into their fast expanding, family run company and are now recruiting for an Estimator / Surveyor.
Work Procurement (Estimator / Surveyor)
Working with the Sales Director as part of the estimating team to ensure a timely response to sales pricing enquires and the management of contract variations and valuations.
Watch our company video to learn more about us here.
- Assess tender documents to ensure sufficient information available to prepare tender.
- Provide technical advice and documentation as needed by clients.
- Take off quantities.
- Determine key cost requirements and record.
- Complete project costing and program forecasting ahead of production of tender documents for submission.
- Submit tenders and follow up.
- Ensure all relevant information is captured within CRM / Project management systems.
- Assist in post tender negotiations.
Post Contract (QS)
- Maintain contract documentation and advise on pre tender and post contract matters.
- Assist in post contract liaison with clients.
- Work closely with the project management team to identify and manage variations obtaining sign off with client teams.
- Preparation and submission of interim valuations
- Site measurement
- Assist in agreement of final accounts
- Qualifications: Degree calibre / RICS (not essential)
- Good working knowledge of forms of contract for sub-contacting.
- Good working knowledge of standard methods of valuation.
- Good IT skills - particularly Adobe, all Microsoft packages and CRM systems.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Driving licence & transport.
- High degree of personal motivation.
- Ability to work on own initiative and with the minimum of supervision
- Commercial acumen and good negotiation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a close-knit team and manage numerous activities in a fast pace sub-contracting environment.
- Outgoing personality essential for dealing directly with a broad range of stakeholders.
- Flexibility with regard to working across all areas of the business, and hours to meet the requirements of this challenging position.
To apply for this role please send your cover letter and cv to our Managing Director, Ben Hancock on email@example.com.