SonaSpray for optimal reverberation noise control without design compromise
We offer reverberation noise control products for all sectors such as stadia, auditoria, offices, schools, restaurants, film studios, sports halls, concert halls and so much more. For the best reverberation noise control use our SonaSpray range of decorative acoustic spays or Oscar Elite exceptionally smooth acoustic plaster.
SonaSpray benefits include:
- Absorbs sound energy instead of reflecting it, reducing reverberation times and overall noise levels.
- Class 0 to BS476 & B-s1,d0 fire rating (full fire test reports available on request). View full fire ratings.
- Reverberation noise control achieves M1 certification for Building Materials emissions.
- Can contribute up to 17 points to the overall LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) rating of a project.
- Product specific Environmental Product Declarations (EPDs) to ISO 14025 are available for our SonaSpray products. See related PDFs.
- Can be applied to virtually any substrate configuration.
- Insulates by creating dead air macroscopic spaces between and within the hollow cellulose fibres.
- Spray directly onto plasterboard, concrete, steel sheet and most other surfaces.
Reverberation noise control case study
Emlyn Hughes House offices
Emlyn Hughes House is designed to provide drama both from the exterior and interior. The Gateway Project was intended to represent the history of the town by resembling a submarine construction of which is the towns main industry.
Bowker Sadler Partnership designed to give the occupants as much natural light as possible by building one face of the building almost entirely from glass. The buildings floors and ceilings are constructed from poured strengthened concrete slab, so combine this with the glass walls and thin carpet tiles and there will be reverberation noise control problems.
The main contractor, Leck Construction was looking for a way in which it could not only solve the noise reverberation control problems, but give the bare concrete ceilings an attractive finish without the need for plasterboard, suspended ceilings or numerous different trades, increasing the build time and cost. They chose SonaSpray fc for its seamless, decorative finish for superb reverberation noise control without design compromise.
The top floor has a grand double height office that rises with a beautiful curved ceiling by two meters with a mezzanine floor at the higher end. It was essential to the architects that they did not compromise this internal design feature in spite of a potential reverberation noise control problem.
The results - Superb reverberation noise control achieved with minimum disruption and cost.
Reverberation noise control article by D.Mack of Oscar Acoustics.
For more information on our reverberation noise control range or if you have any questions regarding building acoustics you can call us direct on 01474 854902 or fill in our contact us form and a member of our friendly team will get back to you as soon as possible.