Oscar Iso-Mount - Type 2
Oscar Iso-Mount Type 2
The ultimate high performance soundproofing ceiling system that exceeds Building Regs Part E
DIY • Builder • Local Oscar Installer
Soundproofing of timber and concrete ceilings
The Iso-Mount Type 2 significantly expands the versatility of our Oscar Iso-Mount range of isolating acoustic hangers for soundproofing ceilings.
The Iso-Mount Type 2 can fix under existing ceilings without disruption, directly or with extensions for 50mm to over 1 metre voids for acoustic/thermal insulation and services.Screw direct to concrete using just 1 concrete screw per hanger
into plasterboard using 1 screw fixing into the timber joist per hanger.
The end of upstairs noisy neighbours problems
- Improves the soundproofing of existing ceilings: impact and airbourne sound reduction.
- Fixes under existing concrete and timber joist ceilings with minimum fixings.
- All work is done from the room below. Your neighbours never need to know!
- Proven acoustic performance.
Impact and airbourne sound reduction
Impact: The rubber block breaks the path of vibration reducing the sound of footsteps etc.
Airbourne: The additional acoustic insulation reduces the sound of voices, music, TV etc.
- All of the installation is completed working only from the room below.
- Just 1 hole to drill per mount; saves hours when drilling concrete.
- 18kg max load per Iso-Mount: 3 mounts/sq.mtr (spaced evenly) gives a maximum weight load of 54kg/sq.mtr.
- The GL1 ‘C’ Channel and GL3 Connectors are readily available from Travis Perkins, Builder Depot and Insulation shop, among others.
*Click on each image to enlarge*
Option 1 - Fixing directly through plasterboard into timber joists without removing the old ceiling. Creates a new isolated ceiling with a 50mm deep void for additional insulation.
Option 2 - Fixing directly through existing plasterboard into timber joists without removing the old ceiling, using an extended acoustic hanger assembly.
Option 3 - Fixing directly onto a concrete ceiling. Creates a new isolated ceiling with a 50mm deep void for additional insulation.
Option 4 - Fixing directly on to concrete using the Concrete Hanger Extension fixed to the concrete. Creates a new isolated ceiling with a larger variable void for additional insulation and services.
Iso-Mount Type 2 components:
Purchase Oscar Iso-Mount Type 2
The Oscar Iso-Mount Type 2 will be available to buy online soon. In the meantime please contact us to order directly or enquire with one of our helpful team.
We can also supply:
- Iso-Mount Type 2 fixings and accessories
- Acoustic edge foam
- Oscar Seal Acoustic Sealant
- Celbar - our preferred acoustic insulation
Other components are purchased from your local stockist, further info is given on the installation pages. The systems can be installed by a competent DIY person, builders and in many areas we can recommend installers.