Listed below are answers to some of the questions we are asked regularly about our Iso-Mount soundproof ceiling systems.
You can also view our Oscar Iso-Mount soundproof ceiling video to find out more about the full acoustic ceiling hanger range.
If you have a question that is not answered here, please feel free to contact us using our enquiry form.
Acoustic testing has shown that a significant failure of Building Regulations Approved Document E can be turned into an easy pass. Independent testing on a house (ref 19 Wilberforce Road) showed that resistance to airbourne sound (speech, music etc.) increased by 23dB DnT, + Ctr and impact sound insulation increased by 24dB LnT,w; a significant and worthwhile difference.
The installation of the Oscar Iso-Mount Type1 soundproof ceiling system achieved (better than) compliance with the stringent requirements of the 2010 Building Regulations Approved Document E for Airbourne and Impact Sound.
- Absolute minimum of ceiling height loss with Iso-Mount Type1 (as little as 6mm).
- Achieved a fire-rating of up to 90 minutes for the tested configuration at BRE.
- Adjustable height, enabling flat ceilings across uneven joists.
- All work is done from the room below with no disruption to the room above.
- Exceeds compliance with British building regs Document E for airborne & impact sound.
- The installation of the acoustic ceiling is within the capability of a competent DIY person.
- Appears no different to a standard plastered ceiling once complete.
- Fast and simple clip together soundproof ceiling installation.
- Uses widely available standard clip-on steel channels.
By installing a soundproof ceiling with our Oscar Iso-Mount noise reduction ceiling range, you will stop the vibration that causes the transfer of unwanted noise between floors.