Oscar Iso-Mounts: the ultimate noise reduction ceiling systems
A rigid structure of floorboards joists and ceiling boards all screwed together transmits noise as vibration between floors. Packing an absorptive material into the voids between joists will provide some improvement but an effective noise reduction ceiling works best by isolation. This is where it is no longer connected rigidly to the floor above using acoustic hangers and the path of vibration and sound is broken.
Prior to the current Building Regulations 2010 Approved Document E, ‘Resistance to the passage of sound’ the issue of noise reduction through floors and ceilings did not have such high priority. The principle of achieving high noise reduction by isolating ceilings from floors to prevent noise transfer by vibration is well proven and due to the 'Approved Document E of the Building Regulations 2010,' it is now widely practiced in construction.
Iso-Mount Type1 for noise reduction ceilings with minimum ceiling height loss.
Class leading noise reduction ceiling systems
Oscar Iso-Mount noise reduction ceiling systems isolate the ceiling boards from the joists, thereby drastically reducing the amount of noise generated vibration that is transferred from the floor above. The vibration energy dissipates within the Iso-Mount acoustic hangers. This principle of isolation is fundamental to the success of noise reduction ceilings.
By studying the shortfalls of other noise reduction ceiling systems already available, we designed and produced the ultimate soundproof ceiling system for installation by builders and competent DIY people, providing superb soundproofing results across thousands of properties worldwide.
From houses, flats, conversions, new builds and renovations to commercial spaces such as hotels, offices, shops and restaurants, the Iso-Mount soundproofing ceiling system is ideal for reducing unwanted noise from above.
The Iso-Mount range
These class leading noise reduction ceiling systems include Iso-Mount Type1 and Type2 acoustic hangers, designed to achieve outstanding acoustic performance with fast and easy installation on any type of ceiling.
- Type1 is designed for timber joist ceilings and achieves minimum ceiling height loss (as little as 6 mm).
- The Type2 allows for installation where plasterboard ceilings cannot be removed, e.g. in listed buildings or under concrete.
Advantages of the Iso-Mount include:
- Iso-Mount Type1 are fixed to the sides of the timber joists therefore they can be fixed high, achieving the absolute minimum of just a few millimetres in ceiling height loss but enough to prevent noise transmitting through the floor/ceiling as vibration.
- Achieves a fire rating of up to 90 minutes where required.
- The noise reduction ceiling is installed entirely from the room below so there is no need to enter the premises above or get their permission.
- Independent acoustic tests of actual ‘on site’ Iso-Mount installations demonstrate that the stringent Building Regulations Part E have been easily exceeded without the need to lay noise reduction treatments on or under the floor above.
Noise reduction ceiling testimonials
"I did not fully appreciate at the time, but the use of Iso-Mount with industry standard metal channel was a huge bonus and cost saver. Also, we did not appreciate how much time and money we saved using the adjustable Iso-Mounts to level the uneven joists. Now installed the noise reduction ceiling is superb and flat as a pancake. In terms of acoustic isolation the system is superb and overall I couldn’t be more pleased with the end result. The Iso-Mount system is a brilliant way to isolate between floors. I recommend it very highly."
"Ceiling is complete...
I've tested it by powering up a loud DeWalt router in the garage and seeing how loud it is in the room above.
WOW. Can hardly hear it...It really was much quieter than I thought it would be. I can finally use the workshop in the evening when the kids are asleep in the room above. I'll admit not having done it before I was unsure if it would deaden the noise enough for power tools...but I am blown away by how well it works.
Thanks again for your help - much appreciated."
Home DIY installer
“The whole transaction has been simple and easy. I fitted the ceiling this weekend and it’s made an instant difference. So much so that I had to ask the owner of the flat above if he had been using the room above. I will recommend the product to my friends and will use it on other ceilings in my flat. Keep up the good work!”Jim Hood
Home DIY installer
Oscar online shop
Delivery available throughout the UK.
For outside the UK please contact us for details.
- Oscar Iso-Mounts Type1 & Type2
- Oscar Foam Roll - acoustic edge foam
- Oscar Seal - acoustic sealant
- Celbar - soundproofing insulation for larger areas of 100m2 plus
For more information on our noise reduction ceiling range you can call us direct on +44 (0)1474 854902 or fill in our contact us form and a member of our friendly team will get back to you as soon as possible.
The systems can be installed by a competent DIY person, builders and in many areas we can recommend installers.
Enquire about your local Oscar approved installer OR apply to become an Oscar approved installer.